Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A day full of ....

Busyness.
Today my mum came to visit and we spent the morning doing Christmas shopping. Then it was a quick lunch with the children in the food court and one more store. All the shopping meant that we had to go directly to F's appointment. Nana entertained the other DD's at the local library.

Good news.
The appointment for F was with the Physio and Speech & Language Pathologist at the Child Health Centre. They are happy with how her gross motor skills have come along since first seeing her at 7 months. She wouldn't take weight through her legs at all. She wouldn't bounce when held standing on my lap but now she is walking and crawling up stairs. Only slightly behind "normal".
I still have some things to do at home with her to help her wih her fine motor skills and to actually get her "talking". I think she will be fine. Now that her diabetes is diagnosed and better controlled on the oral drugs she is healthier and happier.

Bad behaviour.
Taking 4 children to a shopping centre for 4 hours lends itself to all sorts of opportun9ities for the DD to misbehave. I was reminded why I don't do it often. I was also remind why my kids are banned from standing on the edge of the trolley. A bad accident was very narrowly averted.
There were times when I was reminded that they can behave will but they were few.
It is times like these I question my parenting skill and just have to pray to strength.

No comments: