Thursday, July 7, 2011

Playing with diabetes

Today was full. Today was great. Today my big girls, DD#1, 2 & 3 went to Kids Club in the morning and we brought 2 extra girls home for lunch.
When the other girls had gone home I made a quick decision to join the Diabeanies play date that I had hoped we could go to but hadn't counted on. I had to wake Miss F from her nap. Pile the girls into the car and drive to an unkown part of the city. I did have to stop a number of times to check the street directory. Miss C even commented on the number of times I pulled over to check.  "Are you stopping again mum?" "Yes, I am.". Anyway we got there and I had a great time. Meeting up with other D parents is great. They get it about BGL checks, and Doctors and just "get it". The know where you can get skins for your meter in Australia. Level Living, by the way.
I think the children had a good time too.
A lovely Diabetes Educator that I met on a Camp was there too, it was good to catch up with her and tell her about Miss F and how she is going on glibenclamide (glyburide).
I also had a chance to tell a few others about Felicity's type of diabetes and her treatment. I like to tell as many people as possible hoping that it will make to the right ears eventually and help change another life.

No comments: