Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finding out more.

Over the last couple of days I have been trying to find out more about Transient Neonatal diabetes. As F as Permanent Neonatal diabetes most of my investigations so far have been about this type. I have lots of journal articles and some websites.

We have increased her dosage slightly since her endo visit two weeks ago and her BGLs have been more even. As things have started to settle down slightly with F I am keen to find out about the other types of monogentic diabetes.

I have also tried to contact another Australian family whose daughter has the same mutation KCNJ11 - R201H. I hope to hear back soon. I have really appreciated the contact I have with families in the USA. It would be good to make contact with more of the families here and have a small network in Australia.

No comments: