Thursday, May 12, 2011
10 things I hate about you, Diabetes
So today let’s vent by listing ten things about diabetes that we hate.
1. You are so complicated.
2. You are so demanding.
3. You have robbed my daughter of “normal” now and in the future.
4. You mean that my DD’s BGL is not “normal” so have to make her tiny fingers bleed multiple times a day to check it. That isn’t OK.
5. Someone actually blamed by daughter being fat for her diabetes. She was diagnosed at 9 months and was under weight at the time. Argh.
6. You mean we have to carry around extra things. Meters, medication.
7. You mean I have to go to the hospital each week to get the glibenclamide (glyburide) drops that treat my DD’s rare form of diabetes.
8. You can be scary.
9. You mess with peoples’ heads.
10. No, my DD is not growing to grow out of it. Also argh.