Monday, May 16, 2011

What I've learned - Diabetes Blog Week

Topic: What have you learned from other blogs - either this week or since finding the D-OC?  What has your experience of blogging the DBlog Week topics with other participants been like?  What has finding the D-OC done for you?  If you'd like, you can even look ahead and tell us what you think the future holds!

This week has has reminded me how many great blogs there are out there. I have visited a few this week I haven't been to for a while and been blown away by how well others express themselves. I have visited many others for the first time and and am happy to have found them.

Finding the DOC has been a mental life saver for me. When I have needed to know others are going through the same things the DOC has been there and I appreciate more than I can express. The same, same feeling that I get as I read is a comfort, as well as wishing that others didn't have to go through it.

I know my DD will grow into a strong confident women because I can see those that have gone before and succeeded. Both because and despite of Diabetes.

3 comments:

The DL said...

This is so true! I am so happy blog week brought me to new blogs and reconnect me with some old ones.

It also has been a lifesaver for me as well. I'm so happy to see that we aren't alone.

Jules said...

its encouraging to see a bright future with D. its reassuring to us parents of a cwd.

Jane K said...

Melissa,
You are doing an incredible job - both with diabetes and blogging! :) Glad to "meet" you out here!