I spent a couple of hours last night trying to download the reading from DD#4's Optium Xceed meter. The Copilot works great to give an overall view of what the BGLs are doing. But the meter didn't what to talk to the PC and I had to reinstall thedriver software. I finally got some lovely printouts (graphs, pie charts, etc) to show the doctor.
Well I was expecting good things from today's appointment. I wasn't disappointed, thankfully. Hb A1C 5.3 yay:) I feel like I have passed a test but really all it is is the appropriate treatment for my daughters rare condition is working effectively. We have tweaked the glibenclamide (glyburide) dosages a little since last appointment to 2.75mg breakfast, 3.75mg lunch and 2.75mg dinner. The increased dose at lunch seems to cover lunch and afternoon tea better than the 3 equal doses we had previously being using.
It seems so weird to be thankful that F has a rare genetic disease one little Arginine peptide changed to a Histidine at the 201 codon but it has made the management of her Neonatal diabetes easier.
I also found out that DD#3 thought that her sister didn't have diabetes anymore. The new treatment certainly isn't a cure but is a miracle. Still praying for a cure for Type1 and the monogentic forms of the disease.